[pacman-dev] [Patch] Call for translations for 3.1 release

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 17:23:50 EST 2007

On Dec 19, 2007 4:13 PM, Matthias Gorissen <matthias at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 19 Dezember 2007 02:55:14 schrieb Dan McGee:
>
> > On Dec 2, 2007 10:01 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > This is an announcement to all you on this list who wants to help out
> > > and make pacman available to your native language.
> >
> > Poke...
> >
> > Any progress from anyone? Even if you don't have it all done, feel
> > free to send me a patch, as something is better than nothing. I'm
> > looking to release 3.1.0 to testing within the next two weeks.
> >
> > -Dan
>
> Somehow, I may have totally messed up my own local git-repo today. It is not
> that things cannot be recovered - I just have to figure out how do to that.
>
> So ATM, please try the stuff below (it was the easier part to recover). Rest
> will follow, and I don't think that a 14-days time-frame is much of a problem
> here.

It applies fine, but remaking the gmo files causes some problems:

make[4]: Entering directory `/home/dmcgee/projects/pacman/lib/libalpm/po'
rm -f de.gmo && /usr/bin/msgfmt -c --statistics -o de.gmo de.po
de.po:54: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both end with '\n'
de.po:403: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both end with '\n'
de.po:439: number of format specifications in 'msgid' and 'msgstr'
does not match
de.po:535: number of format specifications in 'msgid' and 'msgstr'
does not match
de.po:627: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both end with '\n'
/usr/bin/msgfmt: found 5 fatal errors
145 translated messages.

You may want to join us in #archlinux-pacman sometime if you use IRC
and want help fixing or figuring out your git repo. If you don't go on
IRC, feel free to shoot me an email with the details and I'll try to
give you a few commands to try out.