[pacman-dev] Bug in pactest suite

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Sun Dec 23 17:06:41 EST 2007

> On Dec 23, 2007 6:55 AM, Nagy Gabor <ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu> wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I noticed, that with fileconflict*.py the .FILELISTs of generated
> > packages isn't generated correctly: the symlinks are missing. So we
> > can ignore the results of these pactests now.
>
> .FILELIST was killed off ages ago. I think even before pacman 3.0
>
> Considering you tracked this bug down, could you maybe... I dunno,
> even give us some sort of source line or something if you're not going
> to provide a patch?

Well, I looked into _alpm_pkg_load, and as I see, it uses .FILELIST if
that is provided in the archive, and auto-generates it if it is missing.
The bug is in the testsuite, and since I am not familiar in python, I
cannot provide a patch for fixing this.

Steps to reproduce: run pactest on fileconflict002.py, and check the
generated package file in pactest/root/tmp.

Bye