[pacman-dev] Bug in pactest suite

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 19:23:17 EST 2007

On Dec 23, 2007 2:01 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 23, 2007 6:55 AM, Nagy Gabor <ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu> wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I noticed, that with fileconflict*.py the .FILELISTs of generated
> > packages isn't generated correctly: the symlinks are missing. So we can
> > ignore the results of these pactests now.
>
> .FILELIST was killed off ages ago. I think even before pacman 3.0
>
> Considering you tracked this bug down, could you maybe... I dunno,
> even give us some sort of source line or something if you're not going
> to provide a patch?

Um...I've thought it should be killed off, but that really wasn't done.
<http://projects.archlinux.org/git/?p=pacman.git;a=blob;f=scripts/makepkg.sh.in;h=ef7bae5029d459c25a0cadfb7ad3716d099bb464;hb=9addd88a7d12c8c8445ec226e2837afe01e660b7#l788>

It is true that we no longer require it for pacman. Has it been long
enough then that we can safely remove it from makepkg (meaning there
are no holdovers from  2.9.8 that we want to worry about)?