[pacman-dev] pacman3 pkgrel 8 errors

James Rosten seinfeld90 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 22:52:06 EST 2007

> To start out I get this error constantly:
> error: /var/lib/pacman/local/pacman-rc-3.0.0-7/desc: No such file or directory
>
> makepkg and pacman (note I had pacman3 and makepkg3 aliased to pacman
> and makepkg) version 3 and 2 both spit out these errors, v2 moreso
> than v3. Some examples are:
>
> pacman -Syu
> ... all goes fine ...
> resolving dependencies... error: could not open file
> /var/lib/pacman/local/pacman-rc-3.0.0-7/desc: No such file or
> directory done.
>
> and pacman goes through fine, non-fatal.

It is probably because you upgraded pacman-rc with pacman2 and because
pacman 2 can't handle changelog files it does not delete
/var/lib/pacman/local/pacman-rc-3.0.0-7/changelog, which then means it
cannot delete /var/lib/pacman/local/pacman-rc-3.0.0-7 because it isn't
empty.  So because the directory still exists pacman goes in and tries
to find the desc file but it can't hence your error.

Solution: rm -r /var/lib/pacman/local/pacman-rc-3.0.0-7/

~ Jamie / yankees26