[pacman-dev] Release Schedule for 3.0

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 23:09:28 EST 2007

On 2/2/07, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just wanted to poke you all about the RC.  wizzo sent a nice BUG email
> (see the list), but so far, that's all I've seen.
>
> Does anyone else have any issues with the current RC?

Shadowhand mentioned this bug on IRC: the PKGDEST variable seems to
not be respected. Not sure if this holds for SRCDEST as well. I would
guess our recent changes in this area messed something up, some
further testing may be needed.

This may wait, but we still have the undocumented flags in pacman of
-D, -T, and -Y. Are all these really necessary, and can we remove some
of them? Another option would be to consolidate them all to -M (for
--makepkg), since I believe that is where they are all used, and then
have suboptions to select the correct feature. At the very least, is
there a reason they are documented nowhere?