[pacman-dev] Release Schedule for 3.0

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 12:15:08 EST 2007

Just a quick update:
The bugcatcher is here - http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/6316

I would like to close the following as soon as possible:

* http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/4514
  undocumented makepkg options
* http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/5887
  removing a package on a readonly filesystem
* http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/5775
  dependency issues
* http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/5388
  -S and -Su respecting option=(force)

The other two feature requests on there:

* http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/5909
  redownload on corrupt package
* http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/5571
  the contentious -A/-U to -I request

These will most likely be deferred for the moment.

There are a few other backend things which need to be done before an
official release (devtools, arch/scripts/ changes, gensync and
updatesync), but we can still push along the release schedule without
those changes (well, gensync and updatesync are important).

Annnnyway.  Here's the rundown.  I want to close out the 4 bugs about
ASAP and push out a new RC for you all to test with.

I would love it if someone could test both 5887 and 5775, and let me
know the results.

I will see what i can do about the -S/-Su check AND makepkg
documentation in the next few hours.

If there are any pending issues not mentioned here, not mentioned
here, now is the time to bring them up.

Thanks!