[pacman-dev] Release Schedule for 3.0

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 12:15:08 EST 2007

Just a quick update:
The bugcatcher is here - http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/6316

I would like to close the following as soon as possible:

* http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/4514
  undocumented makepkg options
* http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/5887
  removing a package on a readonly filesystem
* http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/5775
  dependency issues
* http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/5388
  -S and -Su respecting option=(force)

The other two feature requests on there:

* http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/5909
  redownload on corrupt package
* http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/5571
  the contentious -A/-U to -I request

These will most likely be deferred for the moment.

There are a few other backend things which need to be done before an
official release (devtools, arch/scripts/ changes, gensync and
updatesync), but we can still push along the release schedule without
those changes (well, gensync and updatesync are important).

Annnnyway.  Here's the rundown.  I want to close out the 4 bugs about
ASAP and push out a new RC for you all to test with.

I would love it if someone could test both 5887 and 5775, and let me
know the results.

I will see what i can do about the -S/-Su check AND makepkg
documentation in the next few hours.

If there are any pending issues not mentioned here, not mentioned
here, now is the time to bring them up.


More information about the pacman-dev mailing list