[pacman-dev] Release Schedule for 3.0

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 02:26:17 EST 2007

New (and hopefully final) RC:
http://archlinux.org/~aaron/pacman/pacman-rc-3.0.0-9.pkg.tar.gz

There's a bunch of changes here, that I can't really list at the
moment.  You can see them in the CVS commits on this list.

As always, please report anything and everything.  Even if it's all
working as it should, please let me know (I'm trying to gauge how many
people we have testing, as well).  There are still 3 pending bugs,
listed below.  If you have the capacity to test any of them (well, 2
of them), please try it out, as they are blocking us right now.

Thanks guys!

On 2/6/07, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> The bugcatcher is here - http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/6316

> * http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/4514
>   undocumented makepkg options
Pending still - documentation can hold for a little bit longer

> * http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/5887
>   removing a package on a readonly filesystem
This requires a proper setup, which no one seems to have - does anyone
have /usr on a separate partition and wants to help out testing?

> * http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/5775
>   dependency issues
This is an odd one, see the bug report comments.

> * http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/5388
>   -S and -Su respecting option=(force)
Fixed, closed.

> * http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/5909
>   redownload on corrupt package
> * http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/5571
>   the contentious -A/-U to -I request
Both of these are defered until 3.1 as non critical.

> There are a few other backend things which need to be done before an
> official release (devtools, arch/scripts/ changes, gensync and
> updatesync), but we can still push along the release schedule without
> those changes (well, gensync and updatesync are important).
These script changes are still pending, but altogether they shouldn't
be more than an hours worth of work.  pacman is most important here.