[pacman-dev] Release Schedule for 3.0

Douglas Soares de Andrade dsandrade at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 04:12:31 EST 2007

Em Qua 07 Fev 2007, Aaron Griffin escreveu:
> New (and hopefully final) RC:
> http://archlinux.org/~aaron/pacman/pacman-rc-3.0.0-9.pkg.tar.gz
>
> There's a bunch of changes here, that I can't really list at the
> moment.  You can see them in the CVS commits on this list.
>
> As always, please report anything and everything.  Even if it's all
> working as it should, please let me know (I'm trying to gauge how many
> people we have testing, as well).  There are still 3 pending bugs,
> listed below.  If you have the capacity to test any of them (well, 2
> of them), please try it out, as they are blocking us right now.

Hi Aaron,

I tried to update pacman3 with pacman3:

[douglas at ressonance bin]$ pacman3 -U pacman-rc-3.0.0-9.pkg.tar.gz
cleaning up... done.
(1/1) checking for file conflicts
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting files)
pacman-rc: /usr/man/man8/makepkg.8.gz exists in
filesystempacman-rc: /usr/man/man8/pacman.8.gz exists in filesystem
errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

I know i can use -f, but i guess we can avoid this kind of error.