[pacman-dev] x86-64 builds?

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 10:10:12 EST 2007

On 2/3/07, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Am Freitag, 2. Februar 2007 18:59:14 schrieb Dan McGee:
> > I know we have been making a lot of changes recently, and I don't know
> > if anyone on the 64-bit side has built and tested pacman3 in a while.
> > Anyone on this list using 64-bit?
>
> I coulkd test it on Arch64. There are two problems with your PKGBUILD:
> * You should do an anonymous cvs-checkout
> * It wants to overwrite the man-pages of the current pacman-version:
>
> error: the following file conflicts were found:
>   pacman-rc: /usr/man/man8/makepkg.8.gz: exists in filesystem
>   pacman-rc: /usr/man/man8/pacman.8.gz: exists in filesystem

That would be nice, thanks.

That PKGBUILD up there was more than anything just put there by Aaron
so other people could see how it was built. The anonymous thing is an
easy fix; the man pages I didn't find so important so I just deleted
the originals. At some point we are going to have pacman replace
pacman anyway, so the PKGBUILD doesn't need to be rock solid.