[pacman-dev] makepkg bug - doesn't untar source tarball

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 03:35:50 EST 2007

On 2/4/07, Jürgen Hötzel <juergen at hoetzel.info> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 06:23:20PM -0700, Scott Horowitz wrote:
> SRCDEST=/var/cache/pacman/src
>
> is set in makepkg3.conf. You can revert to previous behaviour by
> uncommenting this line. I don't know why this was changed: Aaron?

Yeah, Dan actually has some local changes for that.  The problem is
that that's not the real issue.  The real issue is that the .tar.bz
file that came through was not extracted with "tar -xf", but instead
it fell through the case to the "bunzip2" call, leaving a tar file,
instead of an extracted directory.