[pacman-dev] makepkg bug - doesn't untar source tarball

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 00:11:56 EST 2007

On 2/4/07, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/4/07, Jürgen Hötzel <juergen at hoetzel.info> wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 06:23:20PM -0700, Scott Horowitz wrote:
> > SRCDEST=/var/cache/pacman/src
> >
> > is set in makepkg3.conf. You can revert to previous behaviour by
> > uncommenting this line. I don't know why this was changed: Aaron?

This is now fixed. Neither SRCDEST or PKGDEST are now needed by
default; this will result in both the source and package ending up in
the build directory.

> Yeah, Dan actually has some local changes for that.  The problem is
> that that's not the real issue.  The real issue is that the .tar.bz
> file that came through was not extracted with "tar -xf", but instead
> it fell through the case to the "bunzip2" call, leaving a tar file,
> instead of an extracted directory.

Hmmm. Why did it fall through to the bunzip2 call? I built the medit
package locally and it caught just fine with the application/x-tar
call. I wonder if it had something to do with the first error... When
our next RC comes out, I'd say give it another try. The PKGBUILD will
need modifying a bit, btw- the options array format has changed as
noted here <http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2007-February/001269.html>.