[pacman-dev] coloured pacman

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 11:49:40 EST 2007

On 2/6/07, Vojtěch Gondžala <vogo at seznam.cz> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> this patch add coloured output in to pacman-3.0.0
>
> diff is here: http://www.fi.muni.cz/~xgondz/pacman3-color/pacman3-color.diff

I think the general consensus is that coloring pacman output is bad,
but I really have no technical opinion.

Two things, about your patch:
a) Could you set this up to include a pacman.conf setting (maybe
UseColor) and only output color when that is true.

b) Could you please send the patch in unified diff format, it makes it
easier for us to see the changes you made and comment on them (see
submitting-patches at the top of pacman CVS's root).

Thanks for the patch!

Does anyone have strong opinions either way about color?  I for one
don't care that much, as long as I can shut it off.