[pacman-dev] pacman translations

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 12:56:50 EST 2007

On 2/7/07, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> OK, we started our translation. Which character-encoding do you want? I think
> utf8 should be best choice because we could use it for every language.

Yes, I'd prefer UTF-8. In situations such as the one Roman mentions,
perhaps UTF-8 is not the best then, and we can convert later.

Note to all translators or future translators: I put a
"translation-help" file in the pacman root directory to help you guys
out, take a look at it if you want. In addition, if you see any
changes that should be made there, then let me know.