[pacman-dev] pacman translations

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 13:14:16 EST 2007

2007/2/7, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com>:
> On 2/7/07, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> > OK, we started our translation. Which character-encoding do you want? I think
> > utf8 should be best choice because we could use it for every language.
>
> Yes, I'd prefer UTF-8. In situations such as the one Roman mentions,
> perhaps UTF-8 is not the best then, and we can convert later.

UTF-8 is OK. I only asked if there is a possibility to have two man
and po versions for some languages - UTF-8 and non-UTF-8. I think for
man pages it is possible by putting them in corresponding /usr/man
dirs (for example there are ru, ru.KOI8-R and ru.UTF-8 in /usr/man),
the same can be done for .mo files, I think.
Of course all this is quite odd. I would like all other encodings to
disappear ASAP.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)