[pacman-dev] Bug #5775

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 03:29:15 EST 2007

2007/2/8, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com>:
> On 2/6/07, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2007/2/6, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com>:
> > > Bug #5775 is not fixed!
> > > Sad, but true. :(
>
> Roman, I don't know what it is, but I just did a clean install of Arch
> in Qemu and could not duplicate your bug. Everything worked fine for
> me. I don't know why on earth this would be a one-time bug and only in
> your vmware installation, but I don't know what we can do about it if
> it isn't duplicatable.

Can I send you my huge vmware file? ;)
I will try to reproduce it again with xorg-res-utils-1.0.3-1.

Please reproduce all steps as I did and then diff my debug output with
your. I'ms sure there must be some differences.

Also note, that I saw this bug first on real machine, and was able to
reproduce it clearly.
I can reproduce it in virtualbox (which is based on qemu) too.
It is clearly not one-time bug.

Even if it's magically fixed with new versions of something except
pacman - there's no evidence that this won't happen again. :(

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)