[pacman-dev] Bug #5775

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 11:40:01 EST 2007

2007/2/8, eliott at cactuswax.net <eliott at cactuswax.net>:
> > My last debug report was done with rc9. I can reproduce it with any
> > version.
> > Last time I reproduced it on a freshly installed 0.8beta1, synced
> > Current from ~10 days old full local mirror and repeated all steps as
> > in my last debug report.
> > Are you sure you did pacman -S _exactly_ as in my report and with
> > clean Current db?
> > Anyway please diff your debug output with mine.
> > If you want I can reproduce the same steps on new real machine at my work.
>
> The bug report was a bit hard to follow. I *think* I followed your steps,
> but did not get the same results.
>
> Could you possibly reply with the exact commands you used, step by step,
> in a very simple layout?
>
> like..
>
> 1. pacman -S foox blah foo
> 2. pacman -Rs foox blah foo
> 3. pacman -S foo
> <note the breakage>
> 4. profit?

I used these commands to get info:

rm -rf /var/lib/pacman/current

pacman3 -Sy

yes | pacman3 -S xorg-server xorg-clients xf86-input-keyboard
xf86-input-mouse xf86-video-vmware --debug > S-debug.txt

pacman3 -Qi xorg-res-utils > Qi.txt

cat /var/lib/pacman/current/xorg-res-utils-1.0.0-1/depends >
current-xorg-res-utils-depends.txt

cat /var/lib/pacman/local/xorg-res-utils-1.0.0-1/depends >
local-xorg-res-utils-depends.txt

yes | pacman3 -Rs xorg-server xorg-clients xf86-input-keyboard
xf86-input-mouse xf86-video-vmware --debug > Rs-debug.txt

Same for --debug=3, see S-debug3.txt and Rs-debug3.txt

For output see http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/5775#comment12437
(except pacman3 doesn't show "warning: cannot find package "mesa" or
anything that provides it!" 75 times)

I think I know why you cannot reproduce this.
When you did pacman3 -S ... you got xorg-res-utils-1.0.3-1, right?
I updated one of my machines today and db corruption has gone.
From the time #5775 was opened until recent xorg-res-utils update it was valid.
I have 2 snapshots of full ftp.archlinux.org mirror done with rsync.
Older (~10 days ago) has xorg-res-utils-1.0.0-1, newer was done this
night and has 1.0.3-1.
I will try both today and make a diff of output.
I think we must find a reason of db corruption now, so this won't
happen again in future.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)