[pacman-dev] Man pages (and a quick ML note)

Georg Grabler ggrabler at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 18:43:27 EST 2007

On Friday 09 February 2007 18:10:07 Dan McGee wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I've been working on the manpages a lot in the past day or two, and I
> believe they are pretty up to date now with the changes that have been
> made. I'd appreciate people looking them over, giving me some
> (constructive) criticism, and pointing anything out that needs
> changing, updating, or a typo fixed, etc. If it is small, just send an
> email telling me what needs fixing, if large, feel free to submit a
> patch (but if you are unfamiliar with the man page format, then just
> describe the change and I'll implement it).
>
> On a side note, if the topic of a thread changes on the ML, can you
> guys update the subject before you reply? That way talk about bug
> #4744 doesn't end up in the bug #5775 thread, and makes keeping track
> of multiple topics a lot easier.
>
> -Dan

Which files you exactly updated?

I just looked trough the pacman.8 file. No typos found at all, just found
some ... unclear explaination and some things which did not sound well in my
opinion.

File attached for comparison with the original one, even though i'm not sure
what you changed in the documentation today in the morning checkin.

I'll take a look at more tomorrow and sunday.
A very impressive work you've done there, quite a lot of documentation.

Kind regards,
Georg