[pacman-dev] Man pages (and a quick ML note)

Georg Grabler ggrabler at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 19:08:47 EST 2007

On Friday 09 February 2007 23:49:44 Dan McGee wrote:
> On 2/9/07, Georg Grabler <ggrabler at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Which files you exactly updated?
>
> I don't know if you knew, but you can use ViewCVS on our repository,
> allowing you to easily see the logs of each file and side-by-side
> diffs. Here is that link:
> <http://cvs.archlinux.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/?cvsroot=Pacman>
>
> > I just looked trough the pacman.8 file. No typos found at all, just found
> > some ... unclear explaination and some things which did not sound well in
> > my opinion.
> >
> > File attached for comparison with the original one, even though i'm not
> > sure what you changed in the documentation today in the morning checkin.
>
> The file you attached looks a lot like the old pacman.8 manpage. If
> this is what you were reading, I did go through the newer version and
> at least cleaned up what I thought was unclear.
>
> -Dan

Hello,

Yes, the file is pretty much the same, i've read it and just corrected some.
I'm not about to rewrite your documentation, just to point out what should be
changed of my point of view. Shall just be another opinion, i'm aware of you
checking back what i actually wrote.

I thought you will use diff or similar to review what i actually changed.

Cervisia is also fine to see which files have been updated. Don't expect too
much, i'm just reviewing, and the documentation of pacman was quite fine so
far.

Kind regards,
Georg