[pacman-dev] community is active by default

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Tue Feb 13 15:44:34 EST 2007

Am Tue, 13 Feb 2007 21:00:05 +0100
schrieb Isenmann Daniel <daniel.isenmann at gmx.de>:

> Hi,
>
> I don't know if anyone post this before. community is by default
> activated in the /etc/pacman3.conf
>
> In pacman2 it wasn't activate by default. Was this a mistake or should
> it be active by default?
>
> Bye, Daniel

O. Already two votes to have it enabled by default.

It should be disabled by default! So it was in the past. Everybody
should carefully decide if he wants to trust in the TU's work or not.
From a developers view I want to have it strictly apart from what we
call "official" packages.

For x86_64 we have a special more critical situation. We only
have a few packages. They are often outdated (=security risks or not
usable at all). I have the feeling the 64bit TUs take only care about
their certain "lib32" interests. So our Community packages may add
32bit libraries what is in contrast of the intention the x86_64 port
has.

I'm very disappointed about the x86_64 community repo situation right
now.

I'm not going to have that repo enabled by default at this time.

I'll cc this mail to the TUs list. I hope the situation will change
one day.

AndyRTR