[pacman-dev] community is active by default

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 16:07:06 EST 2007

Man, I recall this conversation somewhere with someone... but gmail
fails to find wtf I'm talking about.

Basically, here's the reasoning:  the community is maintained by
"Trusted Users".  The packages should be safe because they are
"Trusted".  A repo disabled by default implies, to a user, that it's
unsafe to use. (testing and unstable).  Community, however, it not
unsafe.  We trust the Trusted Users, right?

If, for x86_64, you want to disable it by default, that's fine.
Disable it.  But in CVS and in the i686 package, it should be enabled
by default.