[pacman-dev] Updated translations

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 09:39:42 EST 2007

On 2/15/07, Douglas Soares de Andrade <douglas at paradigma.com.br> wrote:
> Em Quarta 14 Fevereiro 2007, Giovanni Scafora escreveu:
> > 2007/2/14, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com>:
> > > Done.
> >
> > Excuse me, can you re-update these .po files?
> > Thanks again.
>
> Hey, we have an update too. Can it be updated ?

Translators,

When you submit an updated translation, be sure to run it against an
up-to-date pot file first just to make sure everything lines up and
you haven't missed any new messages. I've been doing this before I
submit just to make sure but it will help catch untranslated messages
earlier in the process. We try not to change the English text if it
doesn't need to be, but every once in a while it gets modified. Here
are the steps, in the respective po directories and using either
libalpm/pacman where indicated:
make libalpm.pot-update (or make pacman.pot-update)
make <your language>.po-update

These are safe operations, no existing translations will be lost
unless they are no longer necessary (for example, a string is
removed). Thanks again guys for your quick work!