[pacman-dev] Updated translations

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 12:38:25 EST 2007

On 2/15/07, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/2/15, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de>:
> > How often should we synchronize our translation to cvs and send you updated
> > files? Perhaps it would be a good idea to introduce a kind of "freeze" date
> > after which no string were changed/added.
>
> There can be also some notice posted like "description of makepkg
> option ---xyz changed, please update translations" before entering
> "freeze" date, so translators doesn't need to check everything each
> time. Opinions?

Both of these are good ideas, and why don't we try to do that from now
on. Lets say the freeze date for strings for pacman 3.0 is now.
However, at times, an original string was not clear, so it needs
updating. I think a complete freeze would not make sense in this case,
as the released product would have bad text. But we can keep string
changes to a minimum, and when one is made note it in the commit
message.

I know I changed one this morning, but your translations may have
already been more accurate than the original English wording - the
text for 'using default "C" locale'.

Is this acceptable to everyone?