[pacman-dev] additions to NEWS file

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 11:44:32 EST 2007

2007/2/16, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>:
> On 2/16/07, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Just a quick list of what's missing from NEWS.
> > Feel free to change wording to more appropriate where needed.
> >
> > pacman:
> > - added -arch suffix to package tarballs
> > - the speed of operations with lists is greatly improved
> > - proxy support (right after "- switch to usage of libdownload and
> > libarchive" line)
> > - pacman now asks confirmation before cleaning cache
> > - fixes for version checking
> > - pacman now honours
> >
> > makepkg:
> > - installed dependencies are removed when build fails too
> > - -g and -o don't require -f and don't do deps check now
> > - possibility to select paths to strip from info/docs
> >
> > - added testing repo to abs
> >
> > Sorry for not sending changes as a patch, I'm at work on windoze now.
>

> I'm going to use this to add on to, if I remember any important
> user-visible changes (note: user-visible is important, IMO).  You all
> feel free to do the same.
>
> Right now, I can't think of anything though.

> > - pacman now honours
Oops, this should be something about fixes for force=y option, but I
forget in which BR/FR I read that and can't find it now.

Aaron, I think we can remember more user and makepkg'er noticeable
changes when reading trough BRs/FRs closed in last few months, but I
don't see such feature in flyspray (I even don't have "Reports"
functionality since time I got bughunter rights).

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)