[pacman-dev] additions to NEWS file

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 16:48:25 EST 2007

On 2/16/07, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a quick list of what's missing from NEWS.
> Feel free to change wording to more appropriate where needed.
>
> pacman:
> - added -arch suffix to package tarballs
> - the speed of operations with lists is greatly improved
Already a speed related comment in there (selective loading of database...)
> - proxy support (right after "- switch to usage of libdownload and
> libarchive" line)
Added.
> - pacman now asks confirmation before cleaning cache
Eh...true, but small. Nothing groundbreaking, as this probably should
have been done before, so it was more of a bugfix.
> - fixes for version checking
Bugfix? Do we really want to document all of these?
> - pacman now honours force=y option on -S operation
Another bugfix, so I don't know if we need to document it. I want to
keep NEWS concise enough that people will actually want to read it.

> makepkg:
> - installed dependencies are removed when build fails too
Added.
> - -g and -o don't require -f and don't do deps check now
Bugfix.
> - possibility to select paths to strip from info/docs
Added.

> - added testing repo to abs
Added.