[pacman-dev] File conflicts possible bug

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 21:46:22 EST 2007

On 2/19/07, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/2/19, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com>:
> > To put this in context for those on the list, Roman reported this
> > possible bug on IRC: <http://pastebin.archlinux.org/1559>.
> >
> > I couldn't duplicate it with some test packages I developed
> > specifically to test it. If anyone else has seen something like this
> > come up with pacman3, be sure to post it here. The basic summary of
> > the bug is this: (at least) two files moved from one package to
> > another, and they were incorrectly identified as conflicts, even
> > though they were only present in one package to be installed.
> I didn't update my system due to these conflicts, so I can reproduce it again.
> I can also send you my local and unstable db snapshots, old beryl
> packages and --debug=3, whatever you want.
> As soon as I get back home I'll send output from the latest CVS
> version of pacman (that includes "improved debug output to file
> conflict checking"), maybe this will help to spot issue

I just updated CVS about a half hour ago with some new and relatively
big changes. They might solve your bug, but who knows. If it doesn't,
be sure to get some debug output like I said in my other email.


More information about the pacman-dev mailing list