[pacman-dev] File conflicts possible bug

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 07:50:31 EST 2007

2007/2/20, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com>:
> On 2/19/07, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2007/2/19, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com>:
> > > To put this in context for those on the list, Roman reported this
> > > possible bug on IRC: <http://pastebin.archlinux.org/1559>.
> > >
> > > I couldn't duplicate it with some test packages I developed
> > > specifically to test it. If anyone else has seen something like this
> > > come up with pacman3, be sure to post it here. The basic summary of
> > > the bug is this: (at least) two files moved from one package to
> > > another, and they were incorrectly identified as conflicts, even
> > > though they were only present in one package to be installed.
> >
> > I didn't update my system due to these conflicts, so I can reproduce it again.
> > I can also send you my local and unstable db snapshots, old beryl
> > packages and --debug=3, whatever you want.
> > As soon as I get back home I'll send output from the latest CVS
> > version of pacman (that includes "improved debug output to file
> > conflict checking"), maybe this will help to spot issue

> I'd appreciate you running it with my new debug output, that should be helpful.
> How about the following (if you want to just send it to me and not
> clog the list with attachments, that is fine):
> 1. (CVS version) pacman3 -Su --debug > output.txt
> 2. (CVS version) pacman3 -Su --debug=3 > output3.txt
> 3. The filelists from the old bery packages with significance
> (whichever packages had the files that changed hands,
> beryl-plugins-svn and beryl-plugins-unsupported-svn)

> I just updated CVS about a half hour ago with some new and relatively
> big changes. They might solve your bug, but who knows. If it doesn't,
> be sure to get some debug output like I said in my other email.

Sorry, I cannot test it this week. My HDD broke yesterday (ugly
failure, both windoze and Arch are non-working, but files are not
corrupted).
And I'll be spending all days with my girl before she leave country on 26th.
I'll be back on 27th or 28th and hope to get working system next day.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)