[pacman-dev] man2html

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 20:13:12 EST 2007

On 2/22/07, Jürgen Hötzel <juergen at hoetzel.info> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i think man2html code could be removed to make build/configure scripts
> cleaner. Any objections?

Perhaps it should be made into a target instead? That way it doesn't
need to be in configure, but is still available. It should be moved to
the base Makefile.am as a target called "make man2html" (or maybe just
keep it in the doc directory exclusively). I'm sure it can be cleaned
up a decent amount, especially if one uses the $(man_MANS) variable
that is already there to write a more correct target.

On a side note, I moved some of the previously defined targets to ones
with a "-local" extension today, that is the recommended/required way
of doing automake stuff. This means that executing "make check" will
run both the automake internal check, and then tack on your
check-local target. This shouldn't be required with the above,
however.