[pacman-dev] man2html

Jürgen Hötzel juergen at hoetzel.info
Fri Feb 23 12:32:45 EST 2007

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 08:13:12PM -0500, Dan McGee wrote:
> On 2/22/07, Jürgen Hötzel <juergen at hoetzel.info> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > i think man2html code could be removed to make build/configure scripts
> > cleaner. Any objections?
>
> Perhaps it should be made into a target instead? That way it doesn't
> need to be in configure, but is still available. It should be moved to
> the base Makefile.am as a target called "make man2html" (or maybe just
> keep it in the doc directory exclusively). I'm sure it can be cleaned
> up a decent amount, especially if one uses the $(man_MANS) variable
> that is already there to write a more correct target.

The reason for removing is the same as with the auto-generated swig
bindings. Both don't need the source package and can be generated from an
installed pacman binary package.

Currently the generated html aren't included by an automake conditional in
as EXTRA_DIST. So I'm sure nobody will miss it. BTW: I think the only use for
them is: http://www.archlinux.org/pacman/pacman.8.html ;-)

Jürgen