[pacman-dev] needless ldconfig

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 11:07:07 EST 2007

On 2/27/07, Nagy Gabor <ngaba at petra.hos.u-szeged.hu> wrote:
> That is terrible, that pacman does ldconfig always.
> A NOLDCONFIG flag would be nice (and easy to implement) somewhere
> in .PKGINFO. These solution would be compatible with older packeges
> (because ldconfig is still the default), however we can radically speed
> up for example -R in the case of packages where no ldconfig is needed.
> Bye, Nagy Gabor

I better solution would be to only run ldconfig when a lib directory
is touched.  Adding extra flags adds more complexity to something
that's very easy to minimize in other ways.

I have a solution for running ldconfig all the time that will/may
remove it from the pacman proper, but that will be implemented later
on.