[pacman-dev] CVS update of pacman-lib/pactest (pmenv.py tests/upgrade056.py)

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 15:30:33 EST 2007

On 2/27/07, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/27/07, Dan McGee <dan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> > +self.description = "Upgrade a package that removes a provide but another package still does"
>
> Good call.  This one may be important, as it might (should?) also
> cover the case of:
>
> pkgA provides=('foo')
> pkgB depends=('foo')
> pkgC provides=('foo') conflicts=('pkgA')
>
> local => pkgA, pkgB
> pacman -S pkgC (remove pkgA, install pkgC)
>
> unless this is already covered somewhere else... I can look later.

Sync might handle it differently, as they are still divergent in some
areas. I have been adding all these tests as upgrade operations, but
it would be worthwhile for now to have tests to be done in both areas-
sync and upgrade.

I can throw the above together real quick into a test case and see how it goes.