[pacman-dev] CVS update of pacman-lib/pactest (pmenv.py tests/upgrade056.py)

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 15:51:33 EST 2007

On 2/27/07, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/27/07, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 2/27/07, Dan McGee <dan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> > > +self.description = "Upgrade a package that removes a provide but another package still does"
> >
> > Good call.  This one may be important, as it might (should?) also
> > cover the case of:
> >
> > pkgA provides=('foo')
> > pkgB depends=('foo')
> > pkgC provides=('foo') conflicts=('pkgA')
> >
> > local => pkgA, pkgB
> > pacman -S pkgC (remove pkgA, install pkgC)
> >
> > unless this is already covered somewhere else... I can look later.
>
> I can throw the above together real quick into a test case and see how it goes.

Well- your test passed with flying colors! (sync896 now). However, I
figured this was a false positive, and looking at the debug log
confirmed it. So I added sync895 as well, which fails bad now, as it
performs the upgrade even though it breaks dependencies. It is exactly
as you said above, however, the new package (pkgC) does NOT provide
foo, and thus should fail. It doesn't.