[pacman-dev] CVS update of pacman-lib/pactest (pmenv.py tests/upgrade056.py)

Jason Chu jason at archlinux.org
Tue Feb 27 16:24:40 EST 2007

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 22:05:01 +0100
Nagy Gabor <ngaba at petra.hos.u-szeged.hu> wrote:

> Hi!
> My patch won't fix it neither.
> I think packages with the same provide should be mutual.
> -R doesn't work neither.
> Pacman doesn't deal with multiple provides at all.
> Bye, Nagy Gabor

While pacman may be broken in this respect, I disagree that provides
means conflicts.

The provides option should mean, "is equivalent to", and the conflicts
option should mean, "can't be installed at the same time as".  That
way, when you combine them, they mean, "X is equivalent to Y but can't
be installed at the same time as Y".

Keep the options seperate.

Jason