[pacman-dev] My $0.02 on the Frugalware v.s. Arch bit...

James Rosten seinfeld90 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 23:16:11 EST 2007

I do agree that there should be a reunification of development,
because that would be for the better.

On 1/1/07, Christ Schlacta <aarcane at gmail.com> wrote:
> on an aside, I think the pacman development would be much smoother and
> more forward thinking if developers could get CVS access so that we
> don't have this same issue with a single maintainer holding all the
> strings in the future.

I think the one problem with that might be that, say you make a patch
and apply it and commit it upstream, but while you were doing that
someone else committed something that screws up your commit or you
overwrite their commit.  Of course, I don't use CVS very often and
maybe it has some way around this, but if it doesn't that could lead
to some problems.