[pacman-dev] Install files and messages

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 21:38:11 EST 2007

On 1/6/07, Simo Leone <simo at archlinux.org> wrote:
> By nonessential, I hope you don't mean thrown out altogether. Some
> install script output is conditional, because it isn't relevant to
> everyone that installs the package.

Without thinking too much about it, I guess it might be helpful to
have some sort of standard echo replacement function, that could still
be called conditionally. The way the scripts are now, however, makes
for rather complicated separation of message output and actual
activity such as running gconftool, etc. All output could be
redirected to a non-stdout buffer, I guess, and then printed after
pacman has finished its messages...