[pacman-dev] makepkg -w argument removed?

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 12:09:24 EST 2007

On 1/22/07, Jason Chu <jason at archlinux.org> wrote:
> I always thought if there's an option that can be set in makepkg.conf,
> there should be a corresponding command line option to a) disable a set
> makepkg.conf option one time or b) set it to something it's not usually
> set to one time.
>
> If there were no makepkg.conf option, then I wouldn't see a problem,
> but because you can do it in the global case, you should be able to
> modify it in the single case.
>
> Jason

Other options, sure, but we just figured it was quite confusing to
have an option that puts a package in one place one time- would you
ever do this on a "regular" basis? Obviously aurbuild does, but would
a human user, so to speak, do so?

How about this, and correct me if it isn't possible. What if aurbuild
sets the PKGDEST variable itself before invoking makepkg, and sets it
using readonly (man readonly)? I believe this would work, but haven't
tested it enough.