[pacman-dev] makepkg and NOT extracting netfiles

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 13:15:14 EST 2007

On 1/23/07, Jürgen Hötzel <juergen at hoetzel.info> wrote:
> Awesome. Much complexity just to guess right how the package maintainer
> wants to prepare the sources. This should be moved into a single function
> lookIntoTheCrystalBallAndExtractSources(). Not really KISS.

Not true.  I added all of 3 lines to get this functionality.
Considering "noextract" is a very rare case, I think this is fairly
KISS in nature.  All existing PKGBUILDs work the same way, add some
noextract=(foo) entries and your files aren't extracted.

I'm not entirely sure what you see as complex about that.

Also, manual extraction is not very "KISS" either... if things are
obvious, they should be handled in an obvious manner (extract a tar.gz
file).