[pacman-dev] makepkg and NOT extracting netfiles

Travis Willard travisw at wmpub.ca
Tue Jan 23 18:38:27 EST 2007

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 18:48:45 +0100
Johannes Weiner <hannes at saeurebad.de> wrote:

> If KISS, then properly ;) Overriding a prep() function seems a bit
> ugly, totally manual extraction would be best I guess.
>
> Mostly just a `tar xf filename', no big thing.

Except that if we move to totally manual extraction, every PKGBUILD
currently existing would have to change - this becomes a bit more of a
big thing now.  ;)

I like the 'noextract' option - there have been a couple packages I've
built with .zip archives that, when auto-extracted, dumped their
contents straight into $startdir/src which annoyed me 'cause then the
extracted files got mixed in with the patches and whatnot - I could see
a noextract making things a bit clearer here - "noextract" the zip,
then in the build() properly extract it all to a seperate subdir.

--
Travis