[pacman-dev] Fun supplementary files

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 17:40:26 EST 2007

On 1/31/07, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wanted to put this out there.  There's a handful of supplementary
> files that would be nice to have in pacman cvs.  One that I can think
> of off the top of my head, is an 'indent.pro' (see The Fine Manual for
> details) file for GNU indent (based on the pacman coding guidelines).

I agree. Perhaps after we update those coding guidelines a bit more,
we can make that into a text file as well, and put it in CVS
somewhere? Our root directory is becoming awfully crowded with stuff
though.

> In addition, it'd be nice to have a guide for translators, so they
> would know how to send translations (I don't feel qualified to write
> something like that).

Agreed. Anyone want to take the lead on translations? I'm just not
that familiar with the tools to generate and merge po and pot files,
but if no one else wants to do it I can try to figure it all out.
Priority should probably go to pacman/libalpm messages, with man pages
later. However, the man pages need some serious work so we should hold
off on that for a bit.