[pacman-dev] FS#7484 - pacman clobbers directory symlinks.

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 17:43:21 EDT 2007

On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 08:53:03PM +0100, Andrew Fyfe wrote:
> I've replaced Xavier's comment about ARCHIVE_EXTRACT_NO_OVERWRITE, and
> put in the final else case (as Dan suggested).
>
> I ran add012 and add013 and it didn't reached the else case. After 3.1
> I'll start looking at fixing the real issue in the conflict checks.

in add012 or add013 case, there isn't already files on the filesystem, is
there?

For issue in the conflict checks, are you partly referring to my comments
there :
http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2007-July/008747.html ?

AS I said there I think the --force flag won't really behave as expected
with your patch, but it's probably more important to get it right without
that --force flag first.

There are also still the same issue than with my NO_OVERWRITE patch, that I
mentioned there :
http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2007-July/008730.html

"Also, we could check for permission differences there, as suggested in the
BR.

There is also still the problem with the tmp/ directory, which is first
created by
pacman with the wrong permissions, and which will keep these wrong
permissions if we don't update it there when installing the filesystem
package.
But that problem could be fixed at the places where pacman creates tmp/"

These two little changes could go just after your patch is merged though.