[pacman-dev] FS#7484 - pacman clobbers directory symlinks.

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 17:47:43 EDT 2007

On 7/12/07, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is also still the problem with the tmp/ directory, which is first
> created by
> pacman with the wrong permissions, and which will keep these wrong
> permissions if we don't update it there when installing the filesystem
> package.
> But that problem could be fixed at the places where pacman creates tmp/"

Two issues here:

1. Pacman should create /tmp with whatever are deemed proper
permissions (is it 4777?)
2. When extracting directories, we should compare the mode of the
existing and the mode of the one to be extracted, and probably spit a
warning if they are different so the user at least knows this could be
an issue. I am not sure which set of permissions to go with, however.