[pacman-dev] sync_prepare clean-up III, TODO

Nagy Gabor ngaba at petra.hos.u-szeged.hu
Thu Jul 19 14:32:36 EDT 2007

Hi!
Well, the remaining part is very messy and disappointing:
The whole conflict checking should be refactored: as I assume this wants to do
something similar to checkdeps(...TRANS_TYPE_UPDATE), but that is buggy: this
should be fixed as deps.c (conflict001.py shows this.)
However, as Xavier said earlier a new data stucture is needed for conflicts;
and all conflict resolve stuff should be moved to conflict.c.
The second pactest file shows checkdeps cannot get enough information from
sync.c to figure out if there is any broken dependency: it should know BOTH the
remove and upgrade list to decide properly.
Well, both of this bugs needs hard work: a proper conflict resolution is a
difficult (probably recursive) problem, it would be easier to let user do this
work manually.
Bye, ngaba
PS: I don't like inefficient pmsyncpkg_t neither.