[pacman-dev] [patch] sync_prepare clean-up I: 2in1 -Se bugfix

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 08:00:07 EDT 2007

On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 01:11:42PM +0200, Xavier wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 10:52:09PM +0200, Nagy Gabor wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > This is a nice patch! As I see (I couldn't test it), your test doesn't
> > produce the same
> > result as mine: change self.args to "-Se pkg1 pkg2" in my sync1002.py.
>
> I tried with current git (which has my patch applied), and that new pactest
> passed fine. It installed pkg2 and pkg3, which is correct imo.
>
> I didn't try before my patch or with yours though.

Oh ok, before it would only install pkg3. And your patch didn't change this
behavior.
If pkg1 depends on pkg2, and pkg2 depends on pkg3, I'm not sure what
"pacman -Se pkg1 pkg2" should do : install only pkg3, or both pkg2 and pkg3.

In my opinion, this is a corner case, and as such it shouldn't matter much.
In the general case, pacman -Se should only be used with one package anyway,
or at least not with packages depending on each other.