[pacman-dev] sync_prepare clean-up III, TODO

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 12:40:17 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 05:00:43PM +0200, Xavier wrote:
> You can ignore that again.. That pactest is broken,
> pkg2 is required by pkg3, but requiredby field of pkg2 is empty.
> Sorry..
> By adding lp2.requiredby = [ "pkg3" ] , it works fine.
>
> But that's actually the problem. checkdeps use the requiredby fields, but
> there is no requiredby fields for sync packages, only for local ones.

I wonder if the requiredby fields couldn't be updated while doing the
checkdeps / resolvedeps stuff, and then commit these changes to the database
when the transaction is done, instead of computing requiredby again in the
update_requiredby and update_depends functions.
I don't think that's easy to do however.

Maybe just adding the list of packages to be installed as an arg of checkdeps
would be good enough, even if it looks a little hackish.