[pacman-dev] pacman -Q broken

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 12:21:46 EDT 2007

On 6/2/07, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure it's a good idea, but I gave it a try.
> I added a function for config->group (-Qg) : query_group
> for config->op_q_isfile (-Q --file) : query_isfile
> and for config->op_q_search (-Qs) : query_search
> They all take a alpm_list_t *targets as argument.
> I changed query_fileowner to be consistent with the others, so it
> takes a list of targets too,
> instead of a single target.
> The patch is a bit long but is very simple, it mostly copy/pastes code
> around. I used the -b arg to ignore indentation fix, because it caused
> the patch to be twice bigger.

FYI, when you do submit the final patch, don't use the -b option next
time- we don't care how long it gets, but we do want the final
indentation to be right.

I took your patch and applied it, and did some further work from
there. (making the functions static, fixing indentation, etc.) I fixed
the bug that broke pacman -Q in the same way it was fixed in the sync
code. The next step here is to refactor the common code between the
sync and query code into some unified functions. It shouldn't be too
hard to do, but we do need to find a place for it. /me thinks

It is sitting in my GIT working tree for now, it will eventually get
pushed to the master branch on al.org. Thanks!


More information about the pacman-dev mailing list