[pacman-dev] libarchive issue

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 05:51:39 EDT 2007

2007/6/27, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de>:

> So I would like to know if this take some time to solve; I`ll have to find
> some workaround then.

It would be nice to fix this issue, but it isn't easy. Every time
something is fixed, it breaks something else.
I found a way to fix it like I said in the bug report, but it could
very well cause bugs much worse than the current one... And there are
quite lot of different situations to consider, which doesn't make
testing easier.
I also don't want to cause major breakage (fortunately, I don't have
the power to do so ;) ), so I hoped someone with more experiences and
skills would look into that bug.

Anyway, I'm still trying to understand libarchive better..