[pacman-dev] makepkg creates bad .FILELIST

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 12:28:12 EDT 2007

On 6/27/07, Andrew Fyfe <andrew at neptune-one.net> wrote:
> tar -cvf /dev/null *
> real    0m0.043s
> user    0m0.012s
> sys     0m0.028s
>
> find * -exec ls -dp {} \; 2>/dev/null
> real    0m4.552s
> user    0m1.648s
> sys     0m2.872s
>
> find \( -type d -printf '%P/\n' \) ,  \( ! -type d -printf '%P\n' \)
> real    0m0.017s
> user    0m0.012s
> sys     0m0.004s
>
> The last one suggested here
> (http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/7485#comment17450) seems to be the best,
> I've updated the patch.

Here we go- I like it. Looks a bit more elegant, at least. Can we get
some people to test this before I pull it in for sure? It seems to
work for me.

Does anyone have objections to me pulling Andrew's bsdtar branch?
http://repo.or.cz/w/pacman.git?a=shortlog;h=bsdtar
I think reducing the number of programs we use will make makepkg a bit
cleaner, and this does remove the unrecognized dependency on unzip
that we have. bsdtar is pretty fast as well.