[pacman-dev] makepkg creates bad .FILELIST

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 13:51:09 EDT 2007

2007/6/27, Andrew Fyfe <andrew at neptune-one.net>:

> find \( -type d -printf '%P/\n' \) ,  \( ! -type d -printf '%P\n' \)
> real    0m0.017s
> user    0m0.012s
> sys     0m0.004s
>
> The last one suggested here
> (http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/7485#comment17450) seems to be the best,
> I've updated the patch.

Well, I noticed there was still at least one difference with this command :
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/7485#comment17451

Isn't it better with -mindepth 1 ?

About the commit there :
http://repo.or.cz/w/pacman.git?a=commitdiff;h=ba2107ccb7ead1da5c1de47a155ef416f486eddb
any reason why the exit 1 was dropped ?

About this one :
http://repo.or.cz/w/pacman.git?a=commitdiff;h=86bcb91eddee03952f6455a1295c5dece89ab4e0
I think it's interesting to know Aurelien wanted to take the opposite
road. See item 5 there :
http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2006-March/005700.html
I'm not criticizing anything myself though, I've personally no opinion
on this, just found it funny ;)
Also, that's just based on the description of the commit, I didn't
really look at the changes.
Maybe it's because of the added arch suffix that complicated things?