[pacman-dev] makepkg creates bad .FILELIST

Andrew Fyfe andrew at neptune-one.net
Wed Jun 27 14:02:28 EDT 2007

Xavier wrote:
> 2007/6/27, Andrew Fyfe <andrew at neptune-one.net>:
>> find \( -type d -printf '%P/\n' \) ,  \( ! -type d -printf '%P\n' \)
>> real    0m0.017s
>> user    0m0.012s
>> sys     0m0.004s
>>
>> The last one suggested here
>> (http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/7485#comment17450) seems to be the best,
>> I've updated the patch.
>>

> Well, I noticed there was still at least one difference with this command :
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/7485#comment17451
>
> Isn't it better with -mindepth 1 ?
Fixed :)

> About the commit there :
> http://repo.or.cz/w/pacman.git?a=commitdiff;h=ba2107ccb7ead1da5c1de47a155ef416f486eddb
> any reason why the exit 1 was dropped ?
Fixed :)

> About this one :
> http://repo.or.cz/w/pacman.git?a=commitdiff;h=86bcb91eddee03952f6455a1295c5dece89ab4e0
> I think it's interesting to know Aurelien wanted to take the opposite
> road. See item 5 there :
> http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2006-March/005700.html
> I'm not criticizing anything myself though, I've personally no opinion
> on this, just found it funny ;)
> Also, that's just based on the description of the commit, I didn't
> really look at the changes.
> Maybe it's because of the added arch suffix that complicated things?
Parsing package file names are a pain in the ass. Because we've
currently got to package file name formats it's difficult to parse the
correct information from the name. So I changed it to read the info
straight from the packages .PKGINFO file. bsdtar is fast enough as long
as .PKGINFO appears near the start of the package file.

Andrew