[pacman-dev] Color patch again

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 23:58:18 EDT 2007

On 6/25/07, Vojtěch Gondžala <vogo at seznam.cz> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I rewrite the color patch from 3.0.x version.
>
> Colors are reconfigurable in pacman.conf in section [colors], if isn't
> anything explicity named then is using default color.
>
> Option --nocolor disable colorized output.
>
> yours opinion? :)
>
> --vogo

I imported your patch into a branch of my GIT tree, it can be found here:
http://code.toofishes.net/gitweb.cgi?p=pacman.git;a=shortlog;h=color

I HIGHLY recommend you do something like this as well, because it
makes it much easier to keep a patch set up to date. GIT is great for
branches like this, and using rebase allows you to more easily keep
your changes up to date with the constantly changing code base. Ask on
the list if you want or need any help with GIT, we'll be glad to help
or point you to a tutorial that helped us.