[pacman-dev] The real deal - pacman 3.0.0 RC1

Dale Blount dale at archlinux.org
Mon Mar 5 11:15:49 EST 2007

> Well I do not know how important this chost variable is. ;-) But after some
> research I would say that "x86_64-pc-linux-gnu" would be corrent nowadays.
> And btw: do you know any x86_64 machine which is not a pc?

Is PC's definition personal computer?  I know of some x86 boxes which
aren't really "personal", but I think they're still called PCs.

I think the x86 part of x86_64 therefore makes the same apply here.
Yes, there are 64bit machines that aren't called PCs, but generally I
think PC refers to Intel compatible machines.

Dale